At Kylin Campers we want you to be 100% happy with your purchase. Your trust on our products and service are highly appreciated. Should you have any questions relating to warranty, we are happy to answer your questions, and will happily solve your warranty issues if any. By purchasing an item from Kylin Campers, you hereby agree to the terms and conditions as set out herein.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
Within the twelve (24) months warranty period, you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
1. Ute Trays, Ute Tray Parts, Ute Tray Accessories, Ute Canopies, Canopy drawer inserts, Under Tray Drawers, Ute Canopy accessories & Ute Canopy Roof Racks
Pioneer Tech Pty Ltd (ABN- 89 604 294 617) trading as Kylin Campers, offers a 24 months warranty (for product purchased after 1st of July 2023) for all products sold online (includes products purchased on this website: www.kylincampers.com.au or through email; not including products purchased through eBay) or in store, including: ute trays, ute tray parts, ute tray accessories, ute canopies, canopy drawer inserts and under tray drawers, accessories & roof racks, from the date of purchase. (For product purchased before 1st of July, 2023, you are entitled for 12 months warranty.)
Purchase date can be found on digital receipts and physical invoices delivered with toolboxes.
Kylin Campers will also keep accurate transaction records.
Warranty covers all structural and mechanical aspects of the item, Including locks, gas struts, hinges drawers, drawer runners, etc.
Kylin Campers warranty is 24 months for all levels of use (commercial, private and trade) for the warranty period. (For product purchased before 1st of July, 2023, you are entitled for 12 months warranty.)
Kylin Campers Warranty will not apply if the claimed defect is caused by or is attributable to:
1) Normal wear and tear of the product;
2) Commercial or trade use if unsatisfactory installations or modifications have been provided by the reseller;
3) Damage caused by accidents, unusual or improper use, misuse or negligence, racing or competition use;
4) Unsatisfactory/incorrect installations or modifications or fitment or adjustments done by the customer;
5) Any damage caused by transportation or handling of Kylin Campers product organized by the customer;
6) Any damage caused by strenuous or extreme off-road use of the vehicle on which Kylin Campers product is installed; Highly recommend use rubber mat to reduce vibration.
7) Alterations, tampering or modification to the original factory design;
8) Paint or powder coating or seal damage due to high pressure washes;
9) Paint or powder coating damage due to bird droppings or chemical agents;
10) Driving the vehicle with canopy windows or doors open;
11) Surface rust or minor surface cracking caused by tearing or shearing effect from off-road uses. (as this does not constitute a structural defect);
12) Loading of the product with weights in excess of that specified by Kylin Campers in any documentation provided (including electronically) to the customer at any time; (our non jack off canopy’s roof loading capacity is 150kg stationary, our jack off canopy’s roof loading capacity is 300kg stationary)
13) Use of the product after the defect is known;
14) Damage caused by theft or by moving objects striking the vehicle (including inside the vehicle);
15) Damage as a result of rescuing & towing;
16) Natural disaster or severe weather events, such as fire, flood, lightning or other nature acts;
17) Damage caused by industrial fallout including chemicals or sealants; Or damage caused by atmospheric fallout including hail and salt; etc.
18) Repossession under financing agreement
19) Loss or Damage caused by or occurred during transportation or shipping
All products purchased in-store with Kylin Campers must be fully inspected by the buyer before making final payment. The buyer must agree and accept that the product/s is/are in acceptable, good and brand new condition / quality at the time of pick up. The buyer’s signature is required as the evidence of acceptance of the goods.
Kylin Campers does not offer a warranty for any surface damage or finishes that occurs to any toolbox or accessories, including scratches, rust, powder coating or any other surface defect that occurs over time.
For online purchases from this website, via email or phone ordering (online means from www.kylincampers.com.au and via email only, not including eBay purchases), the customer must fully inspect the goods upon receiving them, any defect found within 24 hours of receiving the goods must be reported immediately to Kylin Campers, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If no report of defects (including structural or surface) has been received by Kylin Campers within 24 hours of the customer receiving the goods, the customer is deemed as fully inspected the goods and has accepted the condition / quality of the goods as acceptable.
Warranty becomes void if product is used for an unintended purpose or altered in any way, unsatisfactory installation may also void warranty.
Warranty becomes void if certain product is used in not-recommended road conditions, or loaded more than the recommended load by the manufacturer.
Please let us know before you intended to modify your item (including anything purchased online (www.kylincampers.com.au, not including eBay purchases) or in-store) or it may result in voiding your warranty.
Kylin Campers does not offer a warranty for any other manufacturer’s products that were installed with Kylin Campers’ accessories under any circumstances.
Kylin Campers does not offer a warranty for any accessories made by other manufacturers that are being installed to Kylin Campers’ Canopies. The warranty may become void if unsatisfactory installation occurs.
Warranty does not cover theft or attempted theft of items or any damage which occurs.
Warranty Policy & Procedures
- If a product is found to be defective within the warranty period, Pioneer Tech (Trading as Kylin Campers) will repair or replace the item at their discretion.
- For future warranty claim, please provide copy of original invoice and order ID. Any warranty claim must be submitted in writing accompanied by photographs of the defective part/s. Please do not return goods without our written authority to do so.
- All warranty work under an authorized warranty claim approved by Pioneer Tech must be carried out by Pioneer Tech or by a Pioneer Tech authorized representative and only with the express written permission of Pioneer Tech.
- All transport costs, accommodation, shipping charges, towing or recovery costs and incidental expenses, etc., arising from a warranty claim, whether approved or denied, are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Warranty Applies Only to Products Sold “New” by Pioneer Tech
- Warranties apply only to products sold “new”. No warranty is offered on any items sold via “auction”, or “deemed to be factory seconds”, “ex demonstration”, or “used product”, or “damaged” or “stock clearance” unless specifically stated otherwise by Pioneer Tech in writing.
- Warranty is valid only to the original purchaser and are not transferrable or deferred under any circumstances. Once sold or otherwise disposed of by the original purchaser to any third party, Pioneer Tech accepts no liability, claim or otherwise by the original owner or third party, i.e., all warranties become null and void, and the original purchaser shall make no claims or be eligible for any claims on behalf of the new owner.
What’s Not Covered Under These Warranty Terms & Conditions:
- Warranties are not valid on products purchased for the purpose of rental, hire schemes, loan use.
- Warranty does not cover the products in the event of misuse, incorrect fitting, abuse, accidental damage or collision, unauthorized modifications of design, incorrect assembly, incorrect/inadequate/improper/irregular maintenance, or using it for purposes other than for which it is designed.
- Items not covered under the warranty also include:
- Wheels and Tyres
- Paint and Powder Coating Finish
- General Consumables such as Travel Covers and Straps, wheel bearings, light bulbs, water pumps, jockey wheels, shock absorbers, etc..
- Bolts & Nuts may loosen after the first few kilometers of use and must be checked and re-tightened if necessary, check bolts & nuts regularly to avoid any trouble.
- Zippers, fly screens (mesh screens), Velcros, peg rings, etc, stress points, poles and fittings, are not covered by the warranty. These items are only warrantied against defective workmanship or materials. Damages of any kind (misuse or abuse), general wear and tear, condensation, cosmetic change, aging of tent materials, extreme weather, accidents, incorrect set up, damage caused by mould, insects, animals or children are not covered. This also excludes broken poles and damage caused by a jammed, snagged zipper or excessive force applied to zipper causing failure.
- Warranty is voided if repairs / modifications are undertaken by persons other than Kylin Campers or our representative without our prior written permission.
Powder Coating surface caring guide
- To maintain both the aesthetic and functional properties of your powder coat, please ensure you are cleaning your tray and canopy on a regular basis. Allowing a build-up of dirt and grime will require more intense cleaning and is not good for the powder coated surface.
- Carefully remove any loose surface deposits with a damp sponge or cloth by gently rubbing. Do not rub powder coated surface excessively or with any abrasive materials. Allow the surface to naturally dry.
- Avoid pressure wash, abrasive materials (e.g. Scouring pads, scrapers) and corrosive chemical cleaning product to wash the surface. We only recommend using soft cloth, warm mild diluted soap water to clean the surface.
- Keep your tray and canopy undercover where possible, being exposed to constant weather conditions (including rain, sun and hail) will shorten the life of the powder coated surface
- High levels of salt or pollutants from coastal or industrial areas may also shorten the life of the powder coated surface. Winds carrying air borne debris, such as salt, will have an abrasive and erosive effect. Cleaning should be done more frequently if your tray and canopy are exposed to these conditions.
- A powder coated tray can be damaged by heavy items or by an item rubbing against the surface. It is recommended that a rubber mat is used in on the tray floor and travel blankets/ padding etc are used when carrying a load
- Please note that our warranty does not cover any surface damages, deterioration, wear and tear that occur over time or caused by any events after the sale of any products. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to maintain the exterior finish of their products.
Lodging a Claim
Any item subject to claim must be reported to Kylin Campers directly or via email at email@example.com. Full details of the product fault as well as photo evidence will be required before warranty is actioned.
Once identified, Kylin Campers will first attempt to fix faults before offering a replacement or refund.
The original product/s that was/were faulty must be returned to Kylin Campers before any replacement or refund can be issued.
All return freight costs are liable to the purchaser.
If warranty claim is found to be illegitimate, all costs associated with the warranty claim will become payable by the customer.
Kylin Campers accepts returns or refunds for change of mind circumstances.
If a return is required, our customer service team will contact you to arrange collection of your item.
Returns must occur within 30 days of purchase.
Kylin Campers will not accept any return without prior consent.
Customer is required to pay return freight.
Any freight costs in the initial purchase will not be refunded.
Customers are required to package the item adequately in order to avoid any damage during transit, any damage occurred during transport is not responsibility of Kylin Campers
Kylin Campers is not liable for any items lost during transport.
All returned items must be unused, brand new.
All returns are subject to a 10% re-stocking fee.
- Any representatives, associates, agents/dealers, resellers or similar of Pioneer Tech shall have no authority to authorise or deny warranty claims on behalf of Pioneer Tech.
- Pioneer Tech shall not be liable, (in part or whole) for any warranties, either express or implied, made by agents or resellers on behalf of Pioneer Tech without the knowledge or express written permission of Pioneer Tech. Such un-authorised claims shall be the responsibility of the agent/s or reseller/s only.